Disaster Preparedness Program

When Hurricane Sandy hit NYC, Sean Casey Animal Rescue stepped up and became a temporary shelter for NYC’s displaced animals.

During the storm and in the days after we took in over 200 displaced animals. Our staff was working around the clock and sleeping on cots in the middle of the chaos. We cared for these animals for over 30 days until their owners could reclaim them or other temporary housing could be set up.

We are proud to say that 95% of the animals that we took in were reunited with their families and the remaining 5% were placed in great forever homes.

We are very proud of the work we did during Sandy, but we need your help to continue our mission.

If you’d like to help, consider donating to SCAR or directly to the Disaster Preparedness Program.