OPEN OPPORTUNITIES, NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Drop in any time to walk a dog, we’ll ask you to complete our easy Volunteer Dog Walker Application before you head out.
- Must be 18 years of age or older (no exceptions)
- ALL Volunteers under 21 requires parent/guardian signature
- Complete Dog Walker Volunteer application
VOLUNTEERING at SCAR:
If you want to Volunteer at our Windsor Terrace shelter and learn more about the rescue as well, you need to attend one of our Volunteer Orientations. We have training sessions every 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month from 7 – 8 PM at our Windsor Terrace location: 153 East 3rd Street, Brooklyn NY 11218.
- You must be at least 13 years old to volunteer without a parent or a guardian Children 4‐12 years old can volunteer when accompanied by a parent/guardian (restrictions apply)
- Complete a volunteer application and assessment form (for first‐time volunteers) Email address is required
- Bring picture ID and proof of address
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation Class
- Spread the message about responsible pet ownership and animal protection
Volunteer assignments will be made in accordance with your interests, abilities, and vocational goals and in accordance with the needs of the Shelter. The one hour orientation class will help you feel comfortable in your new role as a SCAR Volunteer and provide you with an overview of our cause, policies, volunteer opportunities, facilities, and hands‐on animal handling instruction. When you complete and submit this application you can choose to volunteer your time for non‐animal related services such as construction or administrative help.
SCAR – WINDSOR TERRACE – Volunteer Application
SCAR Volunteer Application
SCAR – WINDSOR TERRACE – MINOR (<18) Volunteer Application
SCAR Volunteer Application under 18
If you don’t have time to volunteer you may consider donating. In-Kind Donations can be as simple as rolls of paper towels, newspapers, bleach, rubber gloves and dish soap. Of course monetary donations are always welcome; your money will be used toward medical bills, food, better equipment, and expansion of our rescue efforts.
Please also feel free to stop by either of our locations
to drop off any donation – monetary or supplies.
153 East 3rd Street, Brooklyn NY, 11218 – (718) 436-5163
* We are open 11 AM to 7 PM. daily *