SEAN CASEY ANIMAL RESCUE IS A
501(c)(3) NON-PROFIT, NO-KILL SHELTER
Specializing in the rescue, rehabilitation and placement of
dogs, cats, reptiles, birds and small mammals.
*Proudly Serving New York City’s Homeless Animals since 1998.
Have you been assigned community service hours by a court? As part of your probation or sentence? By your school as a requirement for a class or for graduation? No matter the reason you have been assigned mandatory community service, SCAR offers a Kennel Attendant Services option for you to complete your required service.
COMMUNITY SERVICE INFORMATION
Sean Casey Animal Rescue’s, a 501(c)3 tax exempt nonprofit (IRS Tax ID# 35-2244558,) Community Service program is provided for individuals who are completing community service for school, work, court, or a club. Community Service opportunities are available 7 days a week, including holidays. Community Service individuals assist employees with the daily duties at the shelter, such as cleaning enclosures, washing dishes, shredding newspaper, folding laundry, and other duties as assigned.
Individuals 14 years and up are eligible to participate. All individuals must complete all forms & arrange for an interview to be accepted into the SCAR-CSP. Download, complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org / Subject Line: Community Service Request.
If you are performing community service for school, work or a civic organization we ask that you provide applicable paperwork or contact information for verification. The referring community service agency/school worker (and the parent/legal guardian for those under 18 years old) must sign the all forms provided by the Sean Casey Animal Rescue prior to starting community service hours at our shelters.
PLEASE NOTE: All individuals that have been court-ordered to perform community service of five (5) or more hours must provide documentation verifying the type of offense when you submit your paperwork. We allow a variety of offenses including DUIs, traffic violations, loitering, and various misdemeanors, at the discretion of Sean Casey Animal Rescue. Violent offenses (assault, battery etc.) or animal cruelty charges are not eligible to perform community service with Sean Casey Animal Rescue.
Completion of Community Service
- Upon completion of your community service hours, you will be given a record of the number of hours completed. This record is your responsibility to keep and submit to your referring agency/counselor/teacher.
- This document can be requested by email and/or picked up during our normal business hours.
- The referring agency/counselor/teacher will be notified of any failure to or refusal to follow the program rules. Any violation may result in the immediate ineligibility in the SCAR community service program.
WHY COMMUNITY SERVICE?
- To help other people
- To feel good about myself
- To keep active in my spare time
- To gain job experience
- To do something fun with friends
- To enhance job résumés and college applications
- To have variety in my life
- To meet interesting people
- To make a difference in my community
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
…Sir Winston Churchill
“Ask not what your country can do for you…Ask what you can do for your country.”
…John F. Kennedy
There are always animals in need. In order for us to be there to help them we rely on the kindness and generosity of people like you. Please consider a donation to help us continue to serve the homeless animals of New York City.
All Donations are tax deductible. We are a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so your donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. FED ID: #35-2244558.